Explore the medieval knight's castle with your family or on your own and unravel a few castle mysteries. Take a break and feast on culinary treats before you carry on.
From CHF 89.
Explore the medieval Kyburg castle together with your family, enjoy a delicious knight's dinner, cool off in the mysterious Tätschtobel ravine and find your way along the crystal clear water of the Dickibach creek where you will crack open the knight's chest to find the treasure.
The package includes:
- hike from Sennhof station – Kyburg | about 1 h
- discovery and self-exploration tour at Kyburg castle
- hike Kyburg – First | about 1 h
- two-course knight's dinner (drinks not included) at First restaurant
- hike First – Illnau station | about 1 h 30 min
- at the end of the hike: solve the mystery, crack open the treasure chest and get a sweet surprise from Café Gleis 11
- optional: stay overnight at the Rubus hotel in Effretikon
Prior to your arrival, you will get all the information about the activity and the corresponding hiking suggestions. If you book an accommodation, a surprise will be offered. Everything is organized for the activity – you don't have to worry about a thing.
The knight's path can be booked on any Sunday from May to October.
Order your voucher here
Discover the first castle museum in Switzerland. It is the most important and best-preserved fortification in Eastern Switzerland. In the densely wooded Tätschtobel ravine, the crystal-clear water of the Dickibach creek finds its way over hill and dale.
Radio Zürisee was on the knight's path. Listen to their radio show to find out which highlights were discovered during their tour:
Off to the next adventure
The knight's path is perfect for a family outing - great for getting active outdoors in nature, discovering new things and gain insights.
Your adventure starts at Sennhof-Kyburg station and leads you to Illnau passing wooded surroundings and a playground for the younger explorers: