The Büchel family lives in the middle of the Zurich Oberland on a former farm together with six alpacas and practices the traditional craft of processing raw wool.
Visit the alpaca farm
A visit (only upon prior reservation) may include the following:
Getting to know the alpacas
- How do alpacas communicate?
- What does posture and ear position mean?
Approaching the alpacas
- How do I behave towards an alpaca?
- Can I pet an alpaca?
- How can I touch an alpaca?
Training with the alpacas
- Do the alpacas listen to their name?
- What exercises are possible with the alpacas?
Processing alpaca wool
- What does alpaca wool feel like?
- How do you process alpaca wool?
Costs: CHF 50.- per person including a small self-filled cushion.
The offers can be booked for individuals and groups of up to 25 people.
Working together with people in difficult life situations
Our farm also has a social purpose. Together with people with difficult life situations, we produce alpaca wool products and improve their social and financial situation.